We talked with legendary commodities trader, James Rogers, who co-founded the Quantum Fund with George Soros. He is best known as “Biker Capitalist,” having travelled the world to first-hand determine where to find the best investments. Why is he still bullish on commodities? These are the highlights to the full-length interview.
1. “The bull market is not over yet. The bull market has years to go, as far as I can see.”
2. “I see a great future for uranium and nuclear power. Until somebody brings a lot of new uranium onstream, the surprise will be how high the price of uranium stays and how high it eventually goes.”
3. “I’ve sold out of every (other) emerging market in the world. I’m investing in China, because China in my view is the next great country in the world.”
4. “It takes a long time to bring new production on stream for commodities. It’s not like bringing in new shares of a dot com or something, where we go into the garage and start a company, and next week we sell stock.
5. “Eventually, the bull markets have always ended. But, it takes a long, long, long time for that to happen.”
6. “Everybody’s driving the commodities boom because demand everywhere is going up: in the U.S., Europe, everywhere. Supply is under terrible stress.
7. “You will see people using methane (gas), using lots of viable alternatives as the price of energy stays up and goes higher and higher.”